Welcome Back, Life

Craziness over, for now.

I managed to organize and survived 2 anniversary celebrations, then attended an impromptu 30th birthday party, all in a matter of 3 days. But it is another type of milestone that I wanted to talk about.

Hubby and I were completely drained mentally and physically after organizing my youth group's 30th anniversary celebration this past Sunday. I crashed like there's no tomorrow when we got home Sunday afternoon. Even though I woke up for food and was determined to watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics, I was passed out and drooling 20 minutes into the ceremony. Needless to say, we were planning to head straight to bed after work come Monday.

Around 4pm, we received a text to meet for a no-frills birthday celebration for my...umm...err...friend..best friend...former best friend at her parents' home. I really don't know what to call her for about 3 years now. I just know that as exhausted as we were, we had to come to the party. And I bought her flowers, her favorite gift. I was 15 when I first met her in my youth group. We were soulmates, she even said that if we were the opposite sex, we'd be perfect for each other. 15 years later, I was all cried out and just let go of our friendship so that I no longer have to suppress the lump in my throat and the ache in my chest every time I think of her, talk about her, or being in the same room as her.

I have painfully moved on. I just know that the day that asshole hurts her or leaves her dry, I will kick his fat ass so hard that it will be as flat as his face.

But yesterday, on her 30th birthday, we laughed together for the first time in a long time. And the asshole went to work for the first time in a longer time. Those two events were not directly connected, or were they? As I looked at her while we were cracking up, I felt my heart aching again. I said in my head, "Welcome back, N. I miss you."

This is N, with the only good thing that the asshole produced. I love this little pudgeball to pieces, sadly, he looks exactly like his father.

4 comments:

dapotato said...

what a bittersweet post.

glad you two were able to laugh together, though.

WeezerMonkey said...

You're alive!

A Feminist Gold Digger said...

Why is it that when assholes reproduce, their reproduction always looks exactly like them?

R said...

Welcome back to the blog world. :) Hope the welcome back for N isn't temporary.