Welcome Back, Life

Craziness over, for now.

I managed to organize and survived 2 anniversary celebrations, then attended an impromptu 30th birthday party, all in a matter of 3 days. But it is another type of milestone that I wanted to talk about.

Hubby and I were completely drained mentally and physically after organizing my youth group's 30th anniversary celebration this past Sunday. I crashed like there's no tomorrow when we got home Sunday afternoon. Even though I woke up for food and was determined to watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics, I was passed out and drooling 20 minutes into the ceremony. Needless to say, we were planning to head straight to bed after work come Monday.

Around 4pm, we received a text to meet for a no-frills birthday celebration for my...umm...err...friend..best friend...former best friend at her parents' home. I really don't know what to call her for about 3 years now. I just know that as exhausted as we were, we had to come to the party. And I bought her flowers, her favorite gift. I was 15 when I first met her in my youth group. We were soulmates, she even said that if we were the opposite sex, we'd be perfect for each other. 15 years later, I was all cried out and just let go of our friendship so that I no longer have to suppress the lump in my throat and the ache in my chest every time I think of her, talk about her, or being in the same room as her.

I have painfully moved on. I just know that the day that asshole hurts her or leaves her dry, I will kick his fat ass so hard that it will be as flat as his face.

But yesterday, on her 30th birthday, we laughed together for the first time in a long time. And the asshole went to work for the first time in a longer time. Those two events were not directly connected, or were they? As I looked at her while we were cracking up, I felt my heart aching again. I said in my head, "Welcome back, N. I miss you."

This is N, with the only good thing that the asshole produced. I love this little pudgeball to pieces, sadly, he looks exactly like his father.

4 comments:

dapotato said...

what a bittersweet post.

glad you two were able to laugh together, though.

weezermonkey said...

You're alive!

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Why is it that when assholes reproduce, their reproduction always looks exactly like them?

R said...

Welcome back to the blog world. :) Hope the welcome back for N isn't temporary.

Blog Archive