Blog World

Contrary to the current state of neglect with my blog, I really do have so much to blog about because my life has been too jam packed for my liking. However, I find myself not having enough time in a day to record my daily events and musings. Even though I type faster than I handwrite now, it is just easier to jot down random notes on whichever journal I have on hand at the moment than it is to collect my thoughts during one seating to blog. Perhaps part of it is that I don't have my routine down yet:




1) I love taking pictures, I carry my ultra-slim point-and-shoot camera along with my handy-dandy gorillapod in my purse at all times, don't be surprised if you see flashes when you're around me...just think of it as you're so hot, you have your very own paparazzo.

And I love looking at pictures, especially on blogs. I am guilty of bypassing the writing in posts and just enjoy the pictures. So forgive me if you poured your heart out in a post and all I remembered about that particular post was the yummy food picture or that updated one of your cute puppy. But I am not as proactive in uploading pictures from my camera.


2) As I mentioned before, my mind is constantly everywhere, note the "dreamer" in my profile, consequently, jotting down whatever thoughts or emotions that seemed to pop up was my reliable method of journaling. I need to get used to being focused, to gather my thoughts into one comprehensive post. Sometimes that just requires me to deal with myself again...too much soul-searching for my taste...

3) Once I get on the computer, I start to read my favorite blogs, reply to emails, work on the million different projects that are on my plate right now. By the time I get through with all that, and more often than not, I don't complete half of them, I am too exhausted to blog. And I'm sure posts beginning and ending with "so.damn.tired." can only get me so far before my blog is removed from others' blogrolls, or I would delete my boring-ass blog myself.

Then there's this other reason.
Recently, some of my favorite bloggers are dealing with privacy issues concerning their blogs. Once again, my original fear of being invaded and betrayed by journaling again has started to resurface. I thoroughly enjoy sharing my excursions and mundane musings with everyone, especially with fellow bloggers, because there's this mutual embrace among the cyber journaling realm that I truly appreciate. I eat up all the comments like I would with hot wings and pho.

But what about when it comes to more delicate and personal issues? Or when I want to vent and record my thoughts and feelings as they surface, so that I can look back and see where I was and how far I've come (or not)? My life is not all alcohol and lollipops all the time. I am quite temperamental and reactive. I detest MBOC's perfect makeup, and APK's perfect skin, and YL's perfect height, and tater's perfect haircut, and WeeMo's perfect wit, and Kate's perfect cooking, and Aline's perfect boobies, and Diane's perfect humility, and Claire's perfect prose, and CBB's Tory & Tod's, and LYB's perfect age, and Cat's perfect profanities, and Jenn's perfect business sense, and my BFF's imperfect husband, and so many many more!! And I want to be able to let it all out, on my blog, my little haven of reflections, dammit!

Well, most likely the people I have issues with are already aware of my issues with them. I am confrontational, but I do pick my battles. If I inadvertently offend anyone on my blog, please let me know. I will deal with you personally, not through cyberspace, because I can't control that. And if you offend me, delete.

9 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I love this post. A lot.

Anonymous said...

I envy all of you bloggers and your ability to be so real and so raw consistently. I hope you will keep it up, KP. Our friendship has only just begun!

dapotato said...

oh, love this!!!

Feminist Gold Digger said...

I'm terribly offended that you hate my perfect face. I mean makeup.

Claire said...

Arrrgh, WeeMo beat me to the punch. But yes, love it and need more real KP in my face, please...

R said...

I hope that privacy issues never tarnish your real attitude. Bring it KP!

Baby Mama said...

<3<3

I've always been a "private person," and so having a blog is a new thing to me. Journals are suppose to be private, right? I guess that's why I am having such a hard time keeping up with my blog. I do enjoy reading your blog, so make sure you keep it up!

Baby Mama said...

<3<3

I've always been a "private person," and so having a blog is a new thing to me. Journals are suppose to be private, right? I guess that's why I am having such a hard time keeping up with my blog. I do enjoy reading your blog, so make sure you keep it up!

Yahpee said...

Again, APK feels so strongly about it she feels the need to post it twice.

I'm jealous of your fashion sense and very cool camera and tripod. So I guess we're even?

Blog Archive